2019/20 Leaders for Geelong Project Presentation Event
Presentation of six community based projects developed by 2019/20 Leaders for Geelong participants.
Live online events
09 DecemberOnline2 hours, 12:00 PM AEDT - 02:00 PM AEDT
Working with key stakeholders and the wider Geelong community, the six projects demonstrate the commitment, talent and creativity of the soon-to-be graduated Leaders for Geelong group.
The 2019/20 Leaders for Geelong Project Presentation Virtual Event will showcase the work of the participants. The six project concepts are:
- Accessible and Inclusive Geelong – develop an implementation framework and plan for the Accessible and Inclusive Geelong Feasibility Study (Deakin University)
- Active Geelong – creation of an Active Events Guide (Active Geelong)
- Alumni Mentoring Program – develop a mentoring program framework for implementation (Northern Futures)
- Healthy Geelong – Investigate non-auditory impacts of the construction and traffic noise in Geelong and recognise environmental noise as a health risk (Deakin University)
- Loneliness in Geelong - Research contributing factors to loneliness to inform recommendations to address loneliness in the Geelong community, particularly young adults (Barwon Health)
- Promoting Djilang – Contribute to the local awareness of Djilang by embedding Wadawurrung cultural heritage within the Greater Geelong region (Wadawurrung Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation)
Designing the best future for Geelong relies on the skills and capacity of our community leaders. Our Leadership Portfolio continues to develop well-informed and connected individuals who link with other key influencers, leverage off strategic networks and drive social change. We look forward to sharing this event with you.
You can enjoy the presentation with a Truffleduck picnic box. Ordering details will be sent to you with your confirmation email.