To achieve our strategic objectives, the Committee for Geelong uses its:
Extensive political, business and community member networks
Focussed portfolio of economic insights and evidence-based study
Financial capability achieved through attracting financial input from government, business and not-for-profits, together with the collective intelligence and critical mass of members, leaders, staff and partners
To stimulate economic prosperity and innovation we will:
- Invest in independent study and research.
- Advocate for Geelong’s transformation to a smart, globally connected city developing the skills, innovation and jobs for the future .
- Assist in attracting major national and international events and activities to Geelong.
- Advocate for the regionalisation of Government agencies and major corporate entities with a focus on them establishing either a presence or headquarters in Geelong
- Actively support both ‘start-up’ and scaleups.
To drive infrastructure, capacity and liveability we will:
- Actively support the development of social and digital infrastructure and policies that advance the liveability of
- Actively support the development of Geelong’s transport sector including road, rail, Avalon Airport and Geelong Port.
To deliver community leadership and advocacy we will:
- Develop the capacity and influence of regional leaders through the delivery of leadership programs
- Develop a strong policy for Victoria’s second city that includes sustainable growth and captures the brand essence and single voice of Geelong
Current Projects >
"Leadership is not about the position you hold, but the difference you make."
Toni Van Hammond, LfG 2006 Alumni
- The commentary and conversations we need today to shape a better tomorrow with @GMegalogenis at #VRCLP18 #LfG https://t.co/rBu0C5kJnd
- Questioning #isdemographydestiny with @DrKimJohnstone at #VRCLP18 #LfG https://t.co/rpaFpnbIJR
- CfG thanks The Hon. @DanielAndrewsMP , Premier of Victoria, for his attendance today at our State Election Briefing… https://t.co/hD08YLmkDv