The Committee for Geelong has tremendous optimism for our future and hopes that the Resilient Geelong: Reasons for Success and Challenges for a Post-COVID-19 Future research paper is the start of a conversation with the community, which provokes and provides guidance for innovative ideas and collaboration for a socially and economically inclusive Geelong.
To achieve our strategic objectives, the Committee for Geelong uses its:
Extensive political, business and community member networks.
Focussed portfolio of economic insights and evidence-based study.
Financial capability achieved through attracting financial input from government, business and not-for-profits, together with the collective intelligence and critical mass of members, leaders, staff and partners.
To stimulate economic prosperity and innovation we will:
- Invest in independent study and research.
- Advocate for Geelong’s transformation to a smart, globally connected city developing the skills, innovation and jobs for the future.
- Assist in attracting major national and international events and activities to Geelong.
- Advocate for the regionalisation of Government agencies and major corporate entities with a focus on them establishing either a presence or headquarters in Geelong.
- Actively support both ‘start-up’ and scaleups.
To drive infrastructure, capacity and liveability we will:
- Actively support the development of social and digital infrastructure and policies that advance
the liveability of Geelong.
- Actively support the development of Geelong’s transport sector including road, rail, Avalon Airport and Geelong Port.
To deliver community leadership and advocacy we will:
- Develop the capacity and influence of regional leaders through the delivery of leadership programs.
- Develop a strong policy for Victoria’s Second City that includes sustainable growth and captures the brand essence and single voice of Geelong.
“Leadership is not about the position you hold, but the difference you make.”
Toni Van Hammond, LfG 2006 Alumni
Since 2006, the CfG has delivered leadership programs to support Geelong’s transformation into a world-class city-region.
Applications for Activate are currently closed.
Activate is an eight-week program for emerging leaders to explore the foundations of leadership and gain confidence, knowledge, skills and strategies to lift their leadership capacity for personal, professional and community benefit.
Committee For Geelong
Level 1 Sally Walker Building,
1 Gheringhap Street,
Geelong, Victoria, 3220
The Committee for Geelong acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia's First Nations people and the Traditional Custodians of the land and waterways. We pay our respects to the local Wadawurrung people of this land, their Elders past, present and emerging.