To achieve our strategic objectives, the Committee for Geelong uses its:
Extensive political, business and community member networks.
Focussed portfolio of economic insights and evidence-based study.
Financial capability achieved through attracting financial input from government, business and not-for-profits, together with the collective intelligence and critical mass of members, leaders, staff and partners.
To stimulate economic prosperity and innovation we will:
- Invest in independent study and research.
- Advocate for Geelong’s transformation to a smart, globally connected city developing the skills, innovation and jobs for the future.
- Assist in attracting major national and international events and activities to Geelong.
- Advocate for the regionalisation of Government agencies and major corporate entities with a focus on them establishing either a presence or headquarters in Geelong.
- Actively support both ‘start-up’ and scaleups.
To drive infrastructure, capacity and liveability we will:
- Actively support the development of social and digital infrastructure and policies that advance
the liveability of Geelong.
- Actively support the development of Geelong’s transport sector including road, rail, Avalon Airport and Geelong Port.
To deliver community leadership and advocacy we will:
- Develop the capacity and influence of regional leaders through the delivery of leadership programs.
- Develop a strong policy for Victoria’s Second City that includes sustainable growth and captures the brand essence and single voice of Geelong.
Current Projects >
"Leadership is not about the position you hold, but the difference you make,"
Toni Van Hammond, LfG 2006 Alumni
- Following NAIDOC week, CfG CEO @jencromarty shares with the @geelongaddy @AddyBiz on the importance of recognising… https://t.co/gvtbWBG6Tf
- Committee for Geelong are proud to collaborate with @BarwonWater to celebrate #NAIDOCWeek https://t.co/2rleDy56WM
- The CfG was delighted to attend the Target 50:50 Women in Local Leadership event and launch of YWILD as a partner,… https://t.co/L7P4Qiel5e