Since 2006, more than 80 different employers in
the region have nominated participants for the Leaders for Geelong
program with more than half of these nominating participants more
Participants, employers, community and partners all benefit from
the Leaders for Geelong program.
Participants benefit because the program;
- Develops personal leadership potential
- Challenges ideas, beliefs and values, and increases self
- Develops powerful connections with fellow participants from a
diverse range of fields and backgrounds
- Gives entry to the Leaders Alumni on graduation
- Awards two un-specified credit points towards relevant
Masters program from Deakin University's Business School
Employers benefit because the program;
The Geelong Community benefits because the
- Develops and supports a new generation of passionate,
motivated and committed leaders
- Builds leadership capacity that can be leveraged across
- Contributes to the economic and social infrastructure of the
- Develops a think tank of ideas and community development
- Creates a highly skilled and engaged alumni who
contribute to the greater community good
Applying for the Program
Participants are chosen on merit and overall fit.
The success of the program depends on the diversity of the
participants, with balance achieved by ensuring there
is representation from differing sectors and communities
across the region.
Participation in the Leaders for Geelong program requires a
significant time commitment over two years. Therefore, full support
from the applicant's organisation is highly recommended.
To express your interest in applying for the next program,
please fill in the below form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee for the two-year program is $6000 (plus GST) payable
upon acceptance into the program. Fees may be paid by the
individual or their employer.
Individuals or organisations with financial or economic barriers
should not be discouraged from applying. To discuss individual
circumstances in confidence or any other queries please contact
Janelle Meyes on 0407 838 653.