The Committee for Geelong was established in 2001
by a group of Geelong leaders who saw an opportunity to collaborate
to build a better Geelong. Well over a decade later, the
organisation stands proud among its global contemporaries.
A member of the influential 'Committees for Cities', the
Committee for Geelong (CfG) is an independent, member-based
organisation committed to leading and influencing long-term
outcomes to achieve its strategic objectives for Geelong.
The CfG is governed by a Board and Chairperson, with
oversight by a representative group of members known as the
Strategy & Policy Committee.
CfG members represent the political spectrum and a breadth of
industry both by sector and size; from microbusinesses through to
global corporations. All members - from community through to
corporate plus members - invest in the CfG and engage with the
organisation because they believe in what the CfG does.
The CfG can do what other interest groups are often not in a
position to do.
Providing strategic leadership and influence to leverage the
economic potential of the
region to make Geelong a world-class place.
Work with members, leaders, stakeholders and governments to
independently advocate for the
best overall long-term outcomes for Geelong.
To achieve its vision, the CfG has defined the following
- advocate to advance economic prosperity and innovation outcomes
- actively support development of the region's infrastructure and
- demonstrate community leadership and advocacy on key
To achieve these strategic objectives, the CfG uses its:
- Reach (extensive political, business and civic networks)
- Research (focused portfolio of economic insights and
- Resources (financial capability achieved through critical mass
of members and staff)